Saturday, February 10, 2018

PTI Redo: Time Well Spent


I love makeovers!
And that's just what we're asked to do for PTI's new Transformation Tuesday Challenge.
It's rare that I'm completely satisfied with a card. There's always some
tweeking that can improve.


This particular card I 'transformed' was done several years ago, not even good
enough to send, and begging for a makeover.


Pale and uninteresting. And what's with the orange clock???

Have to say, I've learned a bit since this card. So here's it's do over.


Still used the same 2 stamp sets: Hands of Time and World Map
Much more fun to look at.
Map, white embossed and inked with Hawaiian Shores, Blueberry Sky, terra-cotta Tile,
Olive Twist and New Leaf.
Lots of layering and some copper embossing powder, gave my clock face
and sentiment more interest.


I cut the center out 4 times and embossed the top layer. Also
cut the clock hands out twice, once from Indigo and once from Copper Shimmer.

So that's the Re-do. Looking forward to seeing what you all did with this 
challenge. Also looking forward to makeovers becoming a regular on the PTI Blog!



6 comments:

  1. A duet of loveliness Nancy! Don't be too hard on yourself. The first one is not bad at all. I'm sure someone out there has an orange clock and would enjoy this very much! It looks like it picks up the color from the edges of the map.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think your card was that bad Nancy, but I do have to say that I LOVE your re-do card! It is just so much brighter and eye catching, and I really like all the embossing and dimension to the new card as well! Great job my friend!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have liked the original card if I hadn't seen the re-do. You're right, Nancy--the re-do is wonderful with the gorgeous background colors & the stepped up clock which is a wowzer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Nancy~ What a great make-over! The white embossing and coloring is perfect and I just love the clock embossed in copper over blue. The whole card is pure perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! Your first card is lovely -- but your re-do is spectacular! I love the dark clock face, it is so dramatic!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!