Tuesday, January 9, 2018

MIM #309 with Melissa


Hello! Enjoying some create time today. We've had 2 days of much needed rain here in 
the Central Valley, and it's a perfect excuse to stay home and make cards.

Melissa Phillips is up this week at PTI, and has a wonderful tutorial for us, 
Heat Embossed Stencil Backgrounds.
You can see her video and gorgeous creations using this technique on PTI's blog.

I made 2 cards, the first, have to admit, wasn't a favorite, so came up with one I 
liked better. Sometimes, if you have the time, it's better to keep going until it pleases.

So here's the first.

I created my own stencil using Coverplate: Gemstone Die & vellum, and embossed it with silver
on an Amethyst Allure cardstock.


Beautiful Butterflies & Beautiful Butterflies Additions, with a hint of Wink of Stella.
Sentiment: New Every Morning.
The antenna are wires I shaped and curled at the ends.

But, like I said, wanted to try this technique again, so brought out the Market Street kit,
and did my bg with one of PTI's stencils: Wood Block Prints


Heat embossed in Zing's Rose, with a little inking (Spring Rain & Blueberry Sky.)
Like this better, maybe because the message can be extended.




I love interactive cards right now. Sliders, and hidden messages and pop up boxes. All such fun
for the recipient! Not to mention fun for me who makes them!

Happy crafting everyone!

And want to thank all who sent prayers my way on behalf of my mom.
Quick note on her condition, my sister and I were advised to bring in hospice care at this time, and they've been wonderful! So thankful for their caring kindness!
She continues to hang in there, with so many issues. 
One of the reasons I love you all is our sharing and caring, and especially prayers!
Just wanted to say, 'thanks'.





11 comments:

  1. Nancy, both card are beautiful. Great take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your 1st card is wonderful Nancy! I love the silver with the Amethyst Allure and those pretty butterflies just really pop against the background! Of course your 2nd card is just as lovely and the embossed background is so subtle, but just perfect to showcase your lovely cart of flowers! Two BEAUTIFUL cards! I am so glad to hear you have Hospice helping with your mom...they are all so good at what they do and were invaluable when my dad was sick! I will continue to send prayers for you and your family and lots of hugs too!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Th first has a graphic modern look to it an the shimmer is fantastic! But the second is my favorite too, its so much more YOU!! Glad to hear your mom is getting good are. Continued prayers for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, both cards are so pretty, love how the embosses shows up on the amethyst paper! I am so glad that hospice is involved in caring for your mom, that alone relieves a lot of stress so you can just spend good quality time with her! Prayers and hugs for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your cards are beautiful Nancy! Love the shimmery silver background and the pastel background on the second! Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two simply beautiful cards Nancy...love your gorgeous style and your attention to detail. Those butterflies are stunning and look amazing against that silver embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are fabulous, Nancy. The backgrounds are beautifully done and the stamp/die sets you used are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of your cards are lovely and exemplify Melissa's challenge wonderfully! I know how you feel about how some cards turn out better than others. Happy you had extra time to create two this week. And
    wow, 11 grandchildren...yup, beats my 5 tho I think there'll be a couple more in a few years. Don't know
    about our son (he's our youngest of 4) and marriage isn't even an entity in his mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a busy crafter! really like your second card with the extended message surprise and of course, that stencil, one of my all time faves. I'm so glad that you and your sister can share the time with your mother with the support of a hospice team. Hugs and prayers. My parents died 35+ years ago before hospice was the norm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards, Nancy! I love the wheelbarrow with the flowers. These are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!